Thursday 22 September 2011

Mehndi Cupcakes

So I have always wanted to learn how to pipe henna designs, as I just love the Indian and Arabic designs that are applied to the hands of brides.  I went to a course a few weeks back to learn the art of henna and how to make shapes, with the ultimate goal of transferring designs onto cupcakes and cakes.


I started off a little wobbly, as you can see my circles were rubbish! ended up producing these fabulous designs.

I was really happy with the final bridal hand that I made on paper (below) and couldn't wait to try similar designs with royal icing!



I had to practice getting the right consistency of royal icing and went through a million different cones to find the right size that would allow me to make similar patterns.

Finally got the hang of it and was able to produce these fabulous piped and lustre dust stencilled toppers :)

The finished cakes :)



Rosie x


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie, found you via Sonia, I love what you'e done with the mendhi design - well done.

    I'll make sure to recommend you to any brides that I speak to (I make bespoke wedding cards)

    Tally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are stunning, I love them x

    ReplyDelete