Sunday 20 November 2011

Day 6 - Intensive PME Diploma - Royal Icing


Day 6 and it was all about Royal Icing again!!
Today was all about royal icing.  We started by filling bags with different nozzles and created the following designs using templates.

I think that the use of templates is a great idea and will be looking into creating some templates myself.  The swan will look especially pretty once assembled on my cake.




We then moved onto making royal icing flowers.  I popped some colour into my bag to create some gorgeous looking flowers.  I have seen these flowers being sold in shops- I now know how to do these myself.






I tried a chrysanthemum, but these were not as good as the roses.

After the flowers, we royal iced our dummy cake and then used a scrapper to make a rim round our cake.


We move onto sugar flowers next week- yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment